Pages

Saturday 14 April 2018

[LOVEMORE] - Rosa Hybrida Whitening Mask Sheet

I feel like this is going to turn into a series of Lovemore mask reviews. Hope that's ok!

Today's mask is Lovemore's Rosa Hybrida Whitening Mask sheet, which is suppose to be very hydrating. This is due to the organic Taiwanese roses used, which penetrate deeper into the skin and provide nutrition for a brighter skin. It also contain deep sea water that contains smaller particles that allows it to penetrate deeper and provide  deeper hydration. 


To me it seems like Lovemore is using deep sea water as the base for most of their masks,and probably why the masks all have a sea water/ saline water scent to me. But I digress. 

CosDNA

The ingredients list looks nice, with rose water, rose extract, hydrolyzed Hyaluronic Acid, algae extract, rose fruit oil and sea water. But the downside is that methylparaben is the 8th ingredient and it can bother some people. As parabens area controversial ingredient, where it has been stated it can lead to fasten the process of aging.  I was hesitant about it but I read this post and realized that it's like most things in life, moderation is key. I recommend you do your own research into parabens and decide whether you are comfortable to use it.

Continuing on. The mask was drenched in serum like essence, which smells primarily like sea water. But if I sniff hard enough, I can smell roses. Which makes me a tad sad, because I would have loved it so much if it has a stronger rose scent to it. The mask was soaking wet, but very little left in the package. So I guess most of the 28ml of essence is soaked in that thin thin silk mask. 

As always, the fit is very good. I loved wearing it, even if it's a tad big on the hairline and small on the lips. I am still quite surprised that such a thin mask can last 15 minutes! Which is exactly how long I kept the mask on, as the upper lip area felt dry to the touch. 

The extra essence sunk in quickly to a matte non sticky finish. It does feel a bit tight in some areas but that didn't last too long. My skin felt cool and dewy to the touch. I quite like it. As for brightening, well, I am queen of not being able to tell a difference. So I can't say for sure. But I do feel like my skin tone evened out a little bit. 

Overall, I liked this mask. I wish it smelled a little bit more like roses but it's not a deal breaker. It is easily accessible here for me, as it is available at local Asian grocery store. So if it's on sale, I will probably pick it up. But I know some people will have issues with the methylparaben being so high on the list. So do your research before you buy it.

My skin type is combination and dehydrated.

0 comments:

Post a Comment