Pages

Friday 13 April 2018

Battle of the Peripera Ink Series - Part 3

Ahhh... I really didn't expect this to become a three parter. Just took too much pictures and rambled on too much. Now, a refresher. This is a longevity test with the different Periera Ink series. You can read part 1 and part 2.


The products tested are:
  1. Peri's Ink Moist in #4 Bang Rose
  2. Peri's Ink Velvet in #5 Inktude Rose
  3. Airy Ink Velvet in #5 Elf Light Rose
  4. Cloud Ink Velvet in #5 Reddish Rose

TESTING #2 - LONGEVITY (WITH REAPPLICATION)

If you read part 2, then you know I had dry patches on my lips throughout the testing period. So I wanted to make sure I do a test without those darn patches and see how transfer proof these tints are.  I wanted to change things up a little bit, so I decided to change a few things.

Testing Premises

- Apply in the morning, usually around 7:10AM
- Blot lips after an hour and photograph
- Eat and drink normally
- Reapply if necessary, record time between reapplication
- Blot reapplication and photograph
- Apply lip balm if necessary, record time
- Photos taken at the end of the day


Peri's Ink Moist in #4 Bang Rose



I believe this is the original line from the Ink series, the Ink Moist. It is a nice pink shade that has a bit of fuschia.
I first applied this at 7:10AM, and tried blotting when I got in the office, and it looks good. There was nothing much coming off. 

But, when I ate, and wiped my mouth, that is when some of the tints came off. But the majority of the colour was there. 

I decided to just reapply anyways. I applied with a heavy hand, so it looks gorgeous~~~ 

The shine came off after the gym and food. But most of the colour is still present. 

But I noticed that there were dry patches and I tried my best to resist. But nope, can't do it. Pulled it off and now my lips are spotty again. XD So I reapplied again at 5PM. 

The lip colour did manage to stay all the way to the end of the day, which was 8PM after eating and drinking. But it is a paler colour than its original application, and the fuchsia undertone is coming through (to me anyways).

I like this colour, I like how it applies. I like how it stains but I am not a fan that I had to apply at least twice (I actually applied three times but I didn't count the last one because it was due to my need to pull off dead skin). I am lazy so I would like my tint to be applied at the beginning of the day and I don't have to worry about touch ups. But at least it gives a natural fade so it doesn't look too awkward with rings of colour on the outer lip.

Peri's Ink Velvet in #5 Inktude Rose 


Ink Velvet is my favourite, I have no issue saying it upfront. I try not to let it cloud my judgement but let's just say this test just freaking solidifies its position as my favourite long lasting lip tint. XD 
I put on the application at the same time as usual, around 7:10AM. When I blotted it with some tissue an hour and half later, there was some that came off. But I have mentioned that that "less is more" with Ink Velvet, so it could be just the extra coming off. 
There was a little bit transferred while I was eating and drinking, but most are still on my lips. I think it still looks pretty fresh.
After gym and eating, my lips still kind of look the same as the morning! I don't need a reapplication at all. The colour is holding strong. Some did come off but most are still on my lips, which shows how pigmented this tint is.
I decided to do a full application to keep up with the rest of the test, even though it was unnecessary. And I love the colour! Such a great red!!

Unfortunately, I applied too much, so there was a lot of product that came off when I blotted. That makes me so sad as I don't like to waste the products, but damn is it a good colour.


I photographed these photos exactly 24 hours apart, because I was too lazy to remove the tint with a cleanser. And LOOK! The colour is still effing there on my lips, after multiple meals and drinks, it's still effing there. Most of it is gone, but I am still quite impressed. This is why it's my favourite long lasting lip tint! I mean, yes most people don't need a tint lasting that long, but hey, I don't mind when it's a gorgeous colour like this.
I don't know what else I can say. This line is my favourite, and once again, it illustrates why I love it so much. It's pigmented and it's long lasting. It is a tad drying but a lip balm can fix that issue. 


Airy Ink Velvet in #5 Elf Light Rose


The Airy Ink Velvet has quite a bit of a fan base, and most like them over Ink Velvet. The Elf Light Rose shade is one of the more popular shades. But I find it to be a tad too light for my lips. 
An hour-ish after the initial application, the colour looks good. It's a nice pale pink.
When I blotted, a little bit came off. It also became a bit patchy afterwards.
It was pretty much all gone after food and wiping my mouth. Which is a bit disappointing. I expected it to last longer than that. That's like 2 hours.
I reapplied with a fuller coat and it looks a lot better! I like the colour from the fuller coat. It covers my natural lip colour better and it loos more natural so to speak.
The tint clung to the dry patches, so it kind of accentuated them. I ended up reapplying around 3 because most of the tint came off after drinking water. -_- Not a fan of this longevity. At least this time around, the full coat lasted about 6.5 hours before I felt the need to reapply.

I do apologize that I forgot to take a photo at the end of the day. But if you read up to this point, it is easy to come to the conclusion that the tint didn't last through dinner and blotting.

The Airy Velvet required at 3 applications in order to survive the day, which is kind of meh to me. I am just glad the colour I picked is a nice pink. If it's something darker, I for sure would have ended up with an outer ring of colour on my lips.

Cloud Ink Velvet in #5 Reddish Rose



The newest in the Ink series the Cloud Ink Velvet. It came off easily in the first longevity test, so I am not hold out much hope for its longevity this time around. 

This came off after an hour or so of application, just from blotting. Yikes.. Not off to a great start. 
It was pretty much all gone by the time I ate and drank. Umm.. That's 2 hours after application. That's roughly the same time as the Airy Velvet.. Umm.. -_-
Reapplied at around 9:30AM, and that shade is gorgeous as well! I applied a full coat to get this shade and it's gorgeous.

Unfortunately, it came off EVERYWHERE. On my water bottle, my cup and my utensils. Just everywhere. Tons came off even after blotting. So it's definitely not transfer proof.
The last photo I took of it is around 2PM and you can tell that most of the colour came off. There is still a bit left on the lip but it is no longer that gorgeous shade of red anymore. Most of the tint is sitting on the outer edge of my bottom lip, where the dry patches usually form. So if I don't have any dry patches forming, the colour would have come off completely.

I decided it wasn't worth another reapplication so I didn't bother. It was pretty much gone before I even ate my dinner.
This is the worst performing lip tint out of the Ink series. It only lasted about 4.5 hours between a full application and need for a reapplication. Which is a shame because this is a gorgeous colour.

BLOTTING

I blotted the tints after I applied and collected them. It didn't really fit in above, so I am slipping it in here.

Peri's Ink Moist in #4 Bang Rose

This is from the reapplication as I accidentally threw away the first blot. As you can see, the fuchsia is pretty prominent in the blot. Blotting right after application means a lot of product is blotted off, but second and third blot, there isn't too much product. 

Peri's Ink Velvet in #5 Inktude Rose 

The left is blotted an hour after application, while the right is 5 minutes after application. As you can seen, barely anything was transferred after an hour of application.

I also mentioned earlier that I felt like I over applied, and it is pretty prominent from the blotting. That is a whole lot of product that came off! But luckily, the colour is still pretty vibrant after blotting.

Airy Ink Velvet in #5 Elf Light Rose

The Airy Ink looks like not much is coming off from either initial application and reapplication eh? 

Cloud Ink Velvet in #5 Reddish Rose

Cloud Ink doesn't look so bad either! What the heck. 

Just by looking at the blotting papers, it looks like Airy & Cloud is a lot more transfer proof than Moist and Velvet. That is deceiving, given how I know it performs through eating and drinking. 

RANKING

Based on the two longevity tests, I have ranked the ink series below, going from longest lasting to least lasting:
  1. Ink Velvet
  2. Peri's Ink Moist 
  3. Airy Ink Velvet
  4. Cloud Ink Velvet 

Well, it comes as no surprise that the original Ink Velvet won. I always loved this line, they last the whole day without reapplication. It is a tad drying, but that can be fixed with a bit of lip balm on top. A little goes a long way with this line, which is great for cheapos like me. I really hope Peripera continues to produce more of this.

The second is the Ink Moist, which is also not a big surprise to me. It did require one reapplication to last the day, but the fade looks semi natural to me. I like and dislike the fact that it sinks in right away and doesn't really budget when I try to spread it. But I believe Peripera isn't really producing any more colours for this line, so there is a chance it is on its way to being discontinued.

The third is Airy Ink Velvet. I expected it to perform the worst to be honest. It was giving me a little hope that I was wrong about its longevity initially, but nope. It didn't disappoint me. A thin coat means it will mostly be gone with drinking and eating. A full coat can last around 6 hours before a reapplication is required. It's not bad for lasting power, but just under-performs when compared to the original Ink Velvet.

I love the applicator and the formula though. It applies like a dream, so smooth! I was going to dock it more for the scent, but turns out the soapy scent may just be to the original line. As I received shade #10 Dry Rose Brown, which is a F/W 2017 shade, and it smells like green tea and flowers. I believe Peripera is focusing on this line for now, as they have continued to produce new colours for the different seasons.

Last is the Cloud Ink Velvet, which is a new addition to the Ink series. I was hoping it would have the same airiness as the Airy Ink Velvet but a bit long lasting. But no. It is the worst. A full coat last only about 4.5 hours. It comes off with everything it comes in contact with. It just requires constant reapplication. Which is something I don't like. It has great pigmentation as Ink Velvet, but not even half of the lasting power. But then again, if it's the same, then it would be the Ink Velvet line, not the Cloud line. I have a suspicion that Peripera kind of released this quietly to see how it performs. And switch up its advertising if it performs well. Seeing how there is no new colours for this line, I am guessing the responses haven't been as great as the Airy Velvets.

Hope you enjoyed these massive posts. Have you tried these tints? What are your thoughts? Let me know! ^_^

0 comments:

Post a Comment