Pages

Friday 27 October 2017

Foodaholic 4D Skinny Fit Cactus Essence Mask

I have a love and hate relationship with the Foodaholic masks I tried. Actually, it's more of a hate relationship. =__= I have an issue with how strongly scented they are and was hesitant to try this mask. However, I still had the 4D Skinny Fit Cactus Essence mask in my stash. So I decided to give it a try and see if it can change my mind on the brand.



The mask is purported to be 4D in that it has two sets of ear flaps, so will allow for the mask to adhere better to the skin and allows for better absorption. Two sets of ear flaps because one set is for the mask itself, and then the other set for the neck and chin area. This is great idea but I don't know why it's called 4D.

The mask have 30% sweet prickly pear extract, sodium hyaluronate, hydroglyzed collagen and honey to help soothe the skin while providing nutrition. I was happy to see fragrance as the last ingredient, but I am still wary.

The full ingredients list and the cosDNA analysis can be found here.

Ok.. Back on topic.

First thing I noticed when I opened the package.....=___= Yup.. You guessed it.. The strong scent wafting out of the open packet. It was not a bad scent thankfully, it was more like a floral shampoo of some sort. But it's STRONG.. This is the number one issue I have with the brand and I am disappointed to see it is prevalent in all of their masks.

I pondered and pondered about putting it on my face but ultimately decided that the deciding factor will be if I can still smell it once the mask is on my face. The scent wasn't as strong once it is on my face but I can still smell wafts of it. Unfortunately, I started to get a little bit of a headache from this after 5 minutes. So this is definitely too heavily scented for me.

Fragrance aside, the mask is an embossed cotton mask with a face piece and an attached neck piece. The mask itself was just moist with no extra essence and is supposed to last 20 to 30 minutes. The mask has two sets of ear hoops, which I have mentioned earlier. They are supposed to help the mask adhere to the skin better, but in my face, it made it so much looser. It created a lot of tenting on my cheek and I couldn't flatten them. -_- So those ear hooks did not work for me at all.

I had to take the mask off at 15 minutes because I can feel the headache getting stronger and I just was sick of breathing in the scent with every breath. The mask was still moist, so I think it would have last the recommended 20 to 30 minutes. There wasn't much extra essence left on my face, but whatever that remained sunk in quickly but did feel a bit tacky to the touch.

As for results, honestly, I felt like it did nothing. My skin felt moisturized but honestly, you get that from any masks on the market right now. The heavy scent made the mask felt more like torture. And for that, I cannot recommend the mask to anyone. There are way better masks out there than this heavily scented piece of *bleep*. Sorry, but this is now my hate letter to Foodaholic. This is not a brand I would recommend to anyone. Save your money and save you nose, buy from other brands instead.

0 comments:

Post a Comment