Pages

Friday 30 October 2015

Masks #10 - A little of everything

Skinfood Glacier Water Gel Mask
I bought this mask at the end of 2014 when Sasa had a shipping sale where it is free shipping with no minimum purchase limit. I been hoarding it and treasuring it for no good reason. These are so hard to find now. They are not listed on most sites and outrageously priced on eBay unless you buy it in 10 pieces. Memebox does sell it at a reasonable price but considering it's US only, that's not helpful for the rest of us. So no links to any sites. Sorry!

 Ingredients: It's all in Korean and I am not translating it. But it looks like someone already put in the effort of translating and putting it for analysis on CosDNA. Please look below for the full ingredients list.
It looks like the most offensive ingredients are Algin and Chondrus Crispus. They are pretty high up there as acne and irritant triggers. So if you got sensitive skin, I would avoid it.

The mask was drenched in a watery essence, which promptly dripped everywhere as soon as I took it out. I think for hydrogels I prefer if the essence were thicker. It's not like you can squeeze hydrogels like you could with cotton sheet masks. So the only option is let it drip everywhere while you are trying to put it on. Not cool.

As for smell wise, there wasn't any strong prominent scents. Just a little herbal like and a bit chemical smelling.

Like the other hydrogels, it comes wedged between two clear backings so the user can separate them with ease. It also comes in two pieces, a top piece and bottom piece. The top piece fit my face okay, a little long on the nose but I just flipped the nose piece up. The bottom piece fit horribly! I couldn't get the left side to fit my face properly without causing lots of tenting. I eventually gave up and just left a "tent city" on my chin.

The mask is quite thin, I would say thinner than the Innisfree one I tried. I accidentally scrapped it with my nails and I could feel the plastic mesh despite my short nails.

I had it on for an hour withe Daiso mask cover and another 25 minutes without the cover. I still had some extra essence after I took it off, but those sunk in quickly and was not sticky at all.

It made my face softer and look even toned. It also calmed down a few of my little bumps. But I wouldn't repurchase. It doesn't fit my face well and it is so hard to find. I can buy other ones with much more ease.

**I took pictures with the dried mask but it looked scary as heck so let's not scary people even though it's almost Halloween**


Foodaholic Pearl Shining Hydrogel Mask 
This is the mask that I ordered from Skin18 during their free masks promotion. That whole ordeal was just painful. Not Skin18's fault, they were great. They sent replacement package and offered me more samples in the future for returning the extra package. But just Canada Post is very frustrating as they have become more and more unreliable and holding my package hostage for more than a month. But that's whole other issue that cannot be solved because they are Crown Corporations and no matter how much we complain they aren't going to change their ways.
 Ingredients: As per the package. 


DJ Water, Glycerin, Butylene Glycol, Sodium Hyaluronate, Disodium EDTA, Hydrolyzed Collagen, Locust Bean GUm, Arrageenan, Guargum, Agar, Potassium Chloride, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, Phenoxyethanol, PEG-60 Hydrogenated Caster oil, Ubiquinone, Ceramide-3, Lecithin, Arbutin, Panthenol, Accharomyces, Ferment Filtrate, rh-Oligopeptide-1, Pearl Extract (28mg), Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Juice, Synthetic Fluorphlogopite, Titanium Dioxide, Fragrance

Ummmm. WHAT THE HELL IS DJ WATER??  What is that? Water molecules that also DJ in their spare time? Or water that's been spit out or sweat out by DJs?

Secondly, there is so much spelling and spacing errors. I get English is not their first language.. But still...

Ok, honestly, as soon as I tore it open I regretted it. THAT SMELL!!! The smell just comes bursting out as soon as it's open, and assault your nose and would not leave at all!! It's this extremely strong sweet floral perfume smell. I think it should be okay at a much MUCH lower dosage. But this is STRONG! I feel like fragrance should be the 3rd or 4th ingredients in the ingredients list because it is STRONG.

The mask is sitting in a little puddle of gold coloured essence, and the mask itself is also gold coloured. (I am trying to be polite, but let's face it, it's more of a urine colour.) The mask is in two pieces and sits between a white pearl paper and a clear plastic backing.

As for the mask its self, it's very delicate. It is essentially gelatinous essence cut into the shape of a mask. It does not have the mesh material in the center to retain its shape. The ingredients list includes Agar, which I am sure is what's holding its shape.

That being said, the mask is so delicate, it can rip very easily. I accidentally ripped it a little bit when I took it off and that just started the mask's disintegration into little pieces. Definitely use caution with this mask.

This mask is also different in that the eye cut outs and the mouth cut out is included with the mask. So I think the production must have been cut out the holes and slap two pieces of backing on it and package.

The mask didn't fit me well. The mouth hole was outrageously big, fit for a clown. I had to do a lot of rearranging to make it sit properly. There was just so much issues and I had to keep adjusting until it sat properly. Though once I am happy with its position, the mask didn't move at all

I took it off after 30 minutes because I couldn't stand the smell any longer. The mask was still very moist but I know some has been absorbed since it felt thinner to the touch. I was surprised my face didn't feel sticky after I removed the mask.

Result wise, I didn't see much difference. I would not purchase again, or use even if it's free. It's interesting how it's just like a mask made from jello, but it's so delicate and didn't sit right. The results and that horribly strong smell just deter me from ever using it again. And to think I still got a few of these hydrogels sitting in my basket... I gotta go through this a few more time.. T____T

A'Pieu Sweet Melon Sheet Mask

Now we are moving from hydrogels back to the normal sheet masks. These I bought off of TK as they were 3 for $1! That is so cheap!! I had to try it. Unfortunately TK has sold out of it, but you can request it and see if they will restock it.

Otherwise I can only find it on W2Beauty for $8.48, which works out to be $2.82 per mask instead of $0.33/mask + shipping. I don't particularly support this e-tailer as I don't particularly agree with their mark up. But that's my opinion.  I know some people like W2Beauty and orders from them frequently. Please make your own judgement after doing some research.
 Ingredients: It's all in Korean and I am not up to translating it.

The mask was drenched in a clear essence that has this sweet melon smell, just like those sweet melon flavoured drinks. It does have a slight chemical scent afterwards but the sweet melon smell is so good! The mask was drenched in the essence by the way. Which I was happy to see.
The mask is made of a heavy cotton, which I was surprised to see for something that is only $0.33. I couldn't tear it apart despite pulling hard at it. I have no complaints about the mask at all! It fit my round face perfectly, it reaches all the way up to my hairline and my ears. No skin left exposed. It does take a little bit to smooth out but it fits perfectly!!

I had the mask on for an hour with the Daiso silicone mask cover for an hour before I removed it. Then I left the mask on for another 15 minutes. There was lots of essence on my skin, all sunk in within 5 minutes.

My skin felt a little tighter afterwards, so maybe the mask is supposed to have anti-aging properties? My skin looked pretty plump and more moisturized.

I definitely would repurchase this in the future, as long as someone else start carrying it at a resonable price, or if TK restock it again. I am hoping they would carry the banana one too! I just love how thick the mask is and how it fit my face perfectly.

Sidmool Waterfull Pure Essence Mask Sheet
I got this to try as it was on sale on TK for $0.50. It looks like TK stopped selling it and I can't find it anywhere else.
 Ingredients: It's all in Korean and I am not translating it. But it looks like someone already put in the effort of translating and putting it for analysis on CosDNA. Please look below for the full ingredients list.

The mask was in a clear essence that has a very chemical smell, kind of reminds me of bandages. But it's fairly faint so it doesn't bother me much when I had it on. It looked like there would be quite a bit of essence left but nope. Optical illusion~~~

The mask has the eye flaps still attached. So you would have the option to flip it up to close your eyes and relax.

I am not sure if I put it on crookedly, or my face is uneven or something is wrong with the mask. But I have much less coverage around my right jaw than the left jaw. Other than that, it covered the rest of my face well.
I took it off after 30 minutes as the upper lip area became dried out. I still had lots of essence on my face which absorbed in quickly. My face felt more moisturized afterwards so it does its job.

I like the fit of the mask and it's pretty cheap, even at full price of $1. But I wouldn't actively seek out this mask. If I stumble upon it, I'll buy some, if not, I can find others at similar price and have the same effect.

Purederm Rice Bran Collagen Mask
I was surprised to see this at Daiso in Vancouver! It was $3.00 but if I remembered correctly, it was also 2 for $3. I heard good reviews about Purederm so I got it to try. 
 Ingredients: As per the package. 


Water (Aqua), Glycerin, PEG/PPG-17/6 Copolymer, Oryza Saliva (Rice) Bran Extract, Natto Gum, PEG-14M, Hydroxyethylcellulose, Panthenol, Xanthan Gum, Disodium EDTA, Allantoin, Erythritol, Dipotassium Glycyrrhizate, PEG-60 Hydrogenated Castor Oil, Tocopheryl Acetate, Chlorphenesin, Methylparaben, Phenoxyethanol, Fragrance (Parfum)

The rice was in a clear essence but it wasn't drenched. Once I took the mask out, there was no more essence left in the package. The essence has no scent at all so that was really nice, especially since rice shouldn't have much scents anyways. 


The mask looks so cute! The line of the eye flap looks like it's smiling at you! The mask fits fine, I need more on my jaw line but the other parts are okay. I had it on for 20 minute as it was starting to get dry around the mouth area. But the mask is actually still pretty moist. There was quite a bit of essence left on my face which took another 20 minutes to fully sink in and not feel sticky to the touch. 

My skin looks even and it feels like there's a layer of moisture on my skin when I touch it. I don't know how to describe it. I don't dislike it, but it's kind of a weird feeling. My face was still super moisturized the next day. 

I would totally buy this mask again! I can see why people like this brand! But of course, I wouldn't go out of my way to buy it, but if I see it on sale, I'll buy it. 

0 comments:

Post a Comment